Tuesday, October 19, 2010

PTA



I love being involved in the PTA.  I really do!  This year I am president of the elementary school my Emmalee goes to.  I think I love it, because I walk into the school and people know me.  I get told constantly how amazing I am!  The kids will run up and hug me!  It is good for the ego!  I am enjoying being president, because I have an amazing board.  For the most part, I give an assignment and they do it!  PTA is not a perfect organization. I have been involved for 11 years, so trust me I know.   However, it brings people together that love children and wants what is best for them.  I get to work with the best Principal ever and awesome teachers.  And, it does wonders for my self esteem!!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Glad you like it. More schools need PTA presidents like you. I bet you are doing amazing things over there. Hey, if you hear of any teachers that are looking to share a contract next year, will you pass on my name? Maybe put the bug in the principal's ear too. Thanks!