Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fall is here!

I love this time of the year.  I love the cooler weather, the crunchy leaves, the baking smells, sweaters! Having a birthday soon doesn't hurt either!  I have been told that #1,  don't post enough and #2 that I need to write more about my fabulous children.  So this post is dedicated to them!  School is in full swing now, so life is once again busy.  I will start with the youngest first.


Ellie started preschool this year.  She goes to Miss Tami's.  She is a fabulous lady in our neighborhood that does it in her home.  We both love that she is in preschool.  She also is my "right hand girl" at most of my PTA activities.  She is a fabulous assistant, as long as there is chocolate close by.






Emmalee is in 6th grade.  She is on the student council and is very excited about that.  She is doing Up With Kids again.  They are doing Alice in Wonderland this year.  She is excited to have one of her best friends in with her this year.  She is all about friends and has a great group of them!  When I go to the school for PTA most of them call me "mom."  I like that!





Rachel is in 9th grade this year.  She is editor of the school's newsletter and on the yearbook staff. She is in their show choir, honors classes, and is looking forward to the musical in the spring.  She takes voice lessons and teaches karate. She is in a fall production with West Jordan Youth Theater, she is part of a Pre show that will be introducing some original songs written by youth in the area.  She has tons of great friends as well, and they love hanging out and playing games.






Becca is a Junior this year.  She is in honors and AP classes, and loves playing the violin in orchestra for the school and the Granite Youth Symphony.  She is serving on the Seminary Counsel this year and is loving that as well.  She takes piano lessons too.  She is very busy, and can luckily drive herself places now, as long as I don't need the car. 







All of these girls are honor roll students.  They are all fabulous friends and leaders in their peer groups.  They bring lots of noise and laughter into our home.  They are getting far too old, far too fast.  We will hold on to them as long as we can!!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

You forgot to mention that both Becca and Rachel have earned their Young Women award. That just goes to show how extra amazing they are (and their parents too!)

Kara said...

What amazing girls! I am lucky to be their aunt! I hope my kids are successful like them! Right now, I am just shooting for no juvenile delinquent centers for our offspring, but assests to society may come out of it!